Detroit Radiator Corporation - Warranty Terms
Products with One Year Warranty:
Detroit Radiator Corporation (DRC) warrants to the original purchaser that new products covered under a one (1) year warranty will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase. The warranty herein is made to and for the benefit of the original purchaser of the Product and is non-transferable.
Products with a Multi-Year Warranty:
Detroit Radiator Corporation (DRC) warrants to the original purchaser that new products covered under a multi-year warranty will be free from defects in materials and workmanship on a pro-rated basis for the designated warranty period from the date of purchase. Proration of the warranty begins after the first 24 months from purchase date. Contact DRC’s Customer Service team for full details regrinding your multi-year warranty. The warranty herein is made to and for the benefit of the original purchaser of the Product and is non-transferable.
Terms and Conditions for ALL warranties:
If defects in material or workmanship are discovered during the warranty period, and DRC agrees that the defect exists, DRC will replace the product at no charge to you, provided it is returned during the warranty period, prior to the pro-ration period, with transportation charges prepaid, and to the facility designated by DRC. Multi-year product warranty claims that occur after the proration period (24 months after original purchase date) will have a prorated replacement charge – call the DRC Customer Service team for details. The product must be properly packaged, with the RMA (Return Merchandize Authorization) clearly displayed on the outside of the packaging, to obtain warranty consideration. DRC may require a proper proof of purchase documentation prior to issuing the replacement of product.
The Limited warranty does not include the cost of any incurred or pending labor charges, any materials not furnished by DRC or costs due to equipment down time.
- Products altered in any way as to, in the judgment of DRC, adversely affect the performance and/or function. This includes the addition of chemicals such as “stop leak” or any attempts to repair the product that have not been pre-approved by DRC.
- Damage caused by improper installation.
- Damage caused by physical or chemical effects of water, steam (or other liquid), gasses or agents present in the product or cooling system.
- Damage caused by other engine components or warning system failures.
- Costs for any engine or engine component damage caused by overheating.
- Damage caused by Operator negligence.
Damage caused by normal wear and tear. Wear and tear is considered, but not limited to:
- Damage due to salt, rocks, or other operating conditions.
- Sulfur build up or clogging due to antifreeze or any other additive.
Warranty claims will require the receipt of the following:
- Documentation of annual cooling system flush and maintenance
- Original receipt of sale
THESE WARRANTY TERMS AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE, NON-TRANSFERABLE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. DRC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS TO THE PRODUCTS OR ANY OTHER MATTER WHATSOEVER. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, DRC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY ARISING FRROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
DRC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED AND WHETHER OR NOT DRC WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, DOWNTIME, GOODWILL, DAMAGE OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, AND ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING.